Doom GLES 1.09.2 Apk | 43 MB | Mediafire
Requires Android:2.3 and up
Fight demons in DoomGLES, the best looking Doom port on mobile devices.
DoomGLES is the classic Doom(GL) ported to OpenGLES.
You are a space marine who fights hordes of Demons on Mars bases, Earth and Hell !
– High resolutions (on tablets or highend phones)
– Realtime dynamic lighting
– Particles effects
– 3D Monsters and objects (MD2)
– Blood projections
– Realistic water effect
– Xperia Play gamepad buttons (touchpads not supported yet, probably later)
– Keyboard support (USB, bluetooth, embedded)
– Gamepads support (analog sticks support on Android >= 3.1)
– Buttons mapping (Xperia Play / USB GamePads / Keyboard)
– and much more
IMPORTANT note for XPeria Play users:
If you upgrade from V1.07 (or older) to V1.08 (or newer) and the gamepad doesnt work anymore, please remap controls from the “controls” menu, or simply delete /sdcard/kokak/DoomGLES/doomgles.cfg
Thanks to all users for supporting DoomGLES. If you like it, please think about adding a good rating/review on Google Play.
“After trying a few ports that are available, none compare to that of DoomGLES. With added 3D effects, visuals and warmer lighing, this is by far the best port available for Android.”
Read Droid Life review: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/03/16/doomgles-gives-us-the-doom-experience-we-have-been-looking-for/
“The enhancements for newer graphics look ace. The games flow incredibly well and without glitches too. The Xperia PLAY optimisation is brilliant and any of your retro gamers out there with a PLAY will love it.”
Read Xperia Gamer review: http://www.xperiagamer.com/Xperia-PLAY-Optimized/doomgles.html
DoomGLES comes with Doom shareware datas.
If you own (ultimate) Doom and/or Doom 2, copy the wad file (doom.wad or doom2.wad) in your device at this location: /sdcard/Kokak/DoomGLES/
Then select, from the launch menu, Doom or Doom2 as IWAD. The OpenGLES datas will be downloaded.
Here the size of the downloaded datas:
Ultimate Doom datas: ~100MB
Doom 2 datas: ~185MB
Plutonia datas: ~80MB
TNT datas: ~70MB
So please be patient while it downloads the datas…
On some devices, the game may not launch after the datas have been installed. It is the case if the “Downloading Datas” waiting box disappears and the game doesn’t launch after 30 seconds. Simply exit the game (home button) and relaunch it.
For any download issue, please look at the faq: http://kokak.free.fr/android/DoomGLES.htm#faq, or contact me directly.
On the launch window you can choose various options, you can also add classic doom command line parameters (like “-warp episode map”).
To use a custom PWAD, copy it to your device in /sdcard/Kokak/DoomGLES/, copy converted datas in the same folder, and add on the command line “-file wadname.wad”
To convert PWAD datas, see http://kokak.free.fr/android/DoomGLES.htm#howto
Read here to know how to control DoomGLES: http://kokak.free.fr/android/DoomGLES.htm#controls
Planned features for next releases:
– XPeria Play touch pads support
– Network support
– More nice graphics effects
If you have any problem, any question or suggestion, don’t hesitate to email me.
– FPS weapon offset fix for small sized screens.
– Minor touch interface tweaks (bigger fire button + more distant from Use & Speed buttons).
– Fixed no Menus / Interface bug on some firmwares (for PowerVR GPU)
– Added hardware keyboard support.
– Added Gamepads support (analog sticks support on Android >= 3.1)
– Added keys mapping & movement stick mapping (for analog gamepad sticks). Use the new ingame “Controls” menu.
more history here: http://kokak.free.fr/android/DoomGLES.htm#news
Follow us on http://www.facebook.com/KokakGames