File Explorer Plus v1.4.1 Apk | 4 MB | Mediafire
Requires Android:2.1 and up
Adds root access capabilities to FX File Explorer.
FX File Explorer is a file manager with optional media, networking, cloud, and root capabilities. FX is designed to let you quickly and easily manage all content on your phone or tablet.FX does not have advertisements.
The main module of FX File Explorer (this product) is free and includes all file management features for working with files on your phone/tablet. The paid “FX Plus” add-on adds media management, network (FTP, SFTP, SMB) and cloud capabilities (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, amd SugarSync). The free “FX Root” add-on is for developers and knowledgeable enthusiasts who need to make changes as the root user. The “Plus” add-on is a paid app (with a 7-day free trial), while the root add-on is free.
File Viewers / Editors (included standard)
* Text File Viewer
* Text Editor
* Binary (Hex) Viewer (tap File->Open With->Binary Viewer within any file explorer window)
* Image Viewer
* Zip, Tar, GZip, and Bzip2 Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2)
* RAR Extractor (UnRAR)
Media Capabilities (FX Plus add-on required):
* Browse image and video collections
* Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or all tracks
* Rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
Network / Cloud Capabilities (requires FX Plus add-on):
* Windows networking (SMB)
* FTP (including secure FTP-S and FTP-ES)
* SSH FTP (Secure Shell FTP; password and public key auth)
* Cloud Storage: Google Drive (incl. Google Docs), Dropbox, SugarSync, Box (Box.net), and SkyDrive (SkyDrive requires Android 2.2 or later)
* Stream video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, and SkyDrive to media player applications
* Browse local network for Windows (SMB) shares
* Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
* Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
* Download and convert Google Drive / Google Docs files into Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenDocument, PDF, and other formats
Bluetooth Capabilities (FX Plus add-on required):
* Send files via OBEX Push (also available on most devices in free version)
* OBEX Push server for receiving files (optional, most devices natively provide this service)
* OBEX Push client and server can use WiFi for high-speed transfers when both are connected to same network
* Bluetooth FTP Client
* Discover / pair devices from within FX File Explorer
* Browse, modify, and copy files to and from the otherwise inaccessible /data/app (installed Applications) and /data/data (application data / configuration) directories.
* Search for files and folders by filename, size, date, and type.
* View and change permissions and ownership of files and folders.
* Remount the root (/) and /system partitions as read-write.
* Edit configuration files as root using FX’s built-in text editor.
* View any binary or text file using FX’s built-in binary/hex and text viewers.
Safety and Security Features:
As FX is designed to be an “everyday” file manager, special care was taken to ensure that adding root-access features to it would not detract from that capability. When the root module is installed, FX will still always use normal Android user access for file operations. The root module is only enabled when you specifically open the “System (Root)” catalog from the home screen of FX.
Security features can be configured to either warn you when you are using root access (the default behavior) or to require a PIN or password in order to use the root features. These features can also be disabled, but they’re designed to be very unobtrusive (e.g. warnings are only displayed after a configurable interval of non-root use).
FX will display a warning on the home screen whenever the “/” or “/system” partitions have been remounted read-write, as it’s a safety/security risk to not remount them as read-only when you’re finished doing work as root.
FX features a recursive checksum calculator to allow manual checking of file integrity between two directories, and the system can even incorporate permissions and ownership data into its calculations to ensure two directories are identically configured. This feature can be accessed by long-pressing on a folder and tapping “Details”, and then tapping “Calculate Checksum”.
What’s in this version:
- Bookmarks to files may now be added to the home screen.
- Added ability to create folder shortcuts from the Android launcher’s “Widgets” tab.
- Improved image browsing in FX Plus.
- Improved Android media database synchronization and media scanning feature.
- Revamped add bookmark/shortcut window.
- Added capability to execute shell scripts (as unprivileged user or root).
- Added capability to remount arbitrary filesystem as read/write (requires root add-on).