Scanthing OCR v1.33 Apk| 3 MB | Mediafire
Requires Android:2.2 and up
Your paperless life starts here!
The best and most intelligent optical character recognition (OCR) App on Android Play – as recognised by our users – just read the reviews!
Our latest release (1.2) now supports two major new features: Text-To-Speech and Automatic Contact Recognition, read more about these below in the Feature List.
Scanthing extracts text from pictures and documents and allows you to search for them by keywords on your phone using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology. Its the only Document Scanner you need.
* Capture your image using our dedicated camera, your mobile’s own camera or an existing image from your gallery. Rotate and crop the text you want to extract.
* Then extract the text using our powerful server-side OCR that runs in the background so you can carry on using your phone.
* Using a Text-To-Speech Engine of your choice (we recommend IVONA) you can play back the text, sentence by sentence directly through Scanthing.
* Scanthing will automatically recognise and extract contact information, such as Telephone Numbers, Web URLs and Email Addresses for easy, one click linking to other features on your phone such as web browser, email client or your contacts database.
* Works with all printed typefaces, but please note it will not be able to read your handwriting.
* Use with Google Translate on your phone to convert from one of the 33 languages we support to another.
* Fully secured HTTPS connection to our servers. We do not retain your image or extracted text after processing.
* After Scan, search for your documents by just using a few keywords.
* Share image or extracted text by Email, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Translate and other apps.
* Add more images to existing documents, see documents by thumbnails.
* Convert many documents at once in a batch, because the OCR processing is done on our servers the performance of your phone is not affected.
* Associate Tags with your documents and then use Tags to find documents fast when your on the move.
* Support for 33 languages, just set your default version in the settings.
* The app itself has been translated to German, French, Spanish and Russian. The Russian translation was kindly done by one of our users: Алексей Ширшиков.
OCR Languages Supported:
What’s in this version:
- Important fixes for text recognition
- Fix bug with Text-To-Speech