Wikipedia Lecturer Pro v2.4.1 Apk | 2.2 MB | Mediafire
Requires Android:2.2 and up
*Turns Wikipedia into an audio book for “on the go” learning!
* Multi language
* Full featured Pro version.Play Wikipedia articles with Text-to-Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Listen to any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. It’s also a great Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets on top of its audio features! The more you use it, the more power features you’ll discover.Want to learn about multiple topics? You can use the new Play Queue feature!
Playing in the background while you’re driving, randomizing article play queues, skipping articles, building your own Play Queues, reading in virtually every language your phone supports; it’s all supported as well as being a great Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets! You can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections (ie ‘References’) and links that you don’t want to listen to.
Any language with Text-to-Speech (TTS) voice data should work with Wiki Lecturer; for instance selecting German will make Wiki Lecturer search for German wiki articles and also read them to you in German). Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
IMPORTANT: We do not speak every language on Earth. The app was designed in English and the rest are Google translations. We are attempting to get human translations done for every language and users are welcome to donate a bit of time to help improve language translations.
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
2) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
3) Audio Widget!
4) Automatically play related articles from ‘See Also’ section (see Disclaimer below for details)
5) Create your own custom Play Queues!
6) Drag-Drop reordering of your play queue
7) Long click links to add to play queue
8) Click images to zoom into full size image (WITH TWO FINGER ZOOM SUPPORT)
9) Play order randomizing supported
10) Auto-scroll when changing sections
11) Change speech rate
12) Change speech pitch
13) Change language and tone/accent
14) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
15) Skip to a section using the Table of Contents
16) Identify links and sections to ignore
17) Search autocompletion
18) Remembers your search history
19) Changeable font sizes
20) Great looking and functional UI (especially for ICS+)
21) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
Automatic article queuing is only supported in these languages (email us if you need support added):
– Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. We can’t test every language with every Wikipedia search on every device so if you have a problem, feel free to email us with your language, the article you searched, and your device so we can test and resolve your issues.
What’s in this version :
- Added Audio Widget to Pro version
- Added font size setting
- Bug fixes
- Fixed article reloading on every launch